- 96 each Bone-In Skin on Chicken Thighs
- 4 cups Flour—as needed to dredge chicken
- as needed for sauteing Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Fennel Seeds, Ground
- 6 cups Yellow Onions, large dice
- 3 cups Green Bell Peppers , large dice
- 3 cups Red Bell Peppers , large dice
- 3 cups Yellow Bell Peppers, large dice
- 6 Tbsp. Garlic, minced,
- 1-#10 can(105oz.) Red Gold Marinara Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
Make the Sauce
1 1/4 gallon (full #10 can)
Portion: 4 fl. oz.
1: In a medium sauce pan set to medium high heat, add vegetable oil.
2: Add ground fennel seeds and stir periodically or until fragrant.
3: Add yellow onions, garlic, and bell peppers, season with salt and pepper.
4: Add the marinara sauce and bring the sauce to a boil. Once the sauce reaches the boiling point, reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 8 minutes.
ASSEMBLE THE CACCIATORE
1: Preheat the oven To 350 degrees.
2: Place all the chicken on a tray, sprinkle both sides liberally with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the ﬂour coating it evenly.
3: Add oil to a large skillet, place it over high heat.
4: Once the oil is hot, add the chicken, skin side down and let it sear for 5-7 minutes. Flip the chicken when its golden brown on the first side, and sear it on the second side. Once both sides of the chicken are golden brown, move the chicken to a tray. The chicken will not be cooked through at this point.
5: Pour the sauce into the large skillet used to brown the chicken.
6: Nestle the chicken back into the pan, skin side up over the sauce and slide it into the oven for 35- 45 minutes.
7: After 35 minutes, test the thickest part of the thigh with a meat thermometer. It should be 165 degrees.
8: Serve the chicken on its own, or with pasta, bread or mashed potatoes. Garnish with fresh Chopped Parsley.