Creole Sauce with Shrimp and Grits
- 1 #10 can (106 oz) Red Gold Pasta Sauce
- as needed for sautéing Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup Creole Ground Seasoning low/reduced sodium
- 3 cups Red Bell peppers, small dice
- 3 cups Green Bell peppers, small dice
- 3 cups Celery, small dice
- 4 1/2 cups Yellow Onion, small dice
- to taste Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
Shrimp and Grits Ingredients
- 6 lbs. Shrimp, large, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Green Onions, sliced
- 12 oz Butter
- 1 1/2 gallons Water or Stock
- 6 cups Grits
- 18 oz Corn Kernels
- 16 oz Cheese, Cheddar shredded
Creole Sauce Instructions
1: In a medium sauce pan set to medium-high heat, add vegetable oil and ground creole seasoning; Cook until fragrant while stirring periodically.
2: Add the onion and celery to the sauté pan; Season with salt an pepper.
3: While stirring periodically, sauté the onions for 4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
4: Add the red and green bell peppers and sauté for an additional 4 minutes.
5: Add Red Gold Pasta Sauce and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring periodically.
6: Once at a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and allow to simmer for 4 minutes before serving.
Sauce Yield: 5 Quarts
Portion: 4 Fl. Oz. (40 servings)
SHRIMP AND GRITS INSTRUCTIONS
1: Add 6 cups grits to 1 1/2 gallons heavily salted chicken stock or water and bring to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally so as not to stick. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir to mix thoroughly and cover. Set aside.
2: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and cook until butter melts. Sprinkle remaining Creole Seasoning on shrimp. Add shrimp to pan and cook, without stirring, 1 minute. Add green onions and Corn Kernels, cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
3: Add Red Gold Creole Sauce, stir and heat for 1-2 minutes. Spoon shrimp mixture over creamed corn, cheese grits. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.