Ketchup Bacon Jam
- 96 each Bone-In Skin on Chicken Thighs
- 4 cups Flour—as needed to dredge chicken
- as needed for sauteing Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Fennel Seeds, Ground
- 6 cups Yellow Onions, large dice
- 3 cups Green Bell Peppers , large dice
- 3 cups Red Bell Peppers , large dice
- 3 cups Yellow Bell Peppers, large dice
- 6 Tbsp. Garlic, minced,
- 1-#10 can(105oz.) Red Gold Marinara Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
Add diced Applewood Smoked bacon, coriander, and fennel to a large sauté pan set to medium heat.
Cook the bacon while stirring periodically for 15-20 minutes or until rendered.
Add the diced yellow onions and cook over medium high heat for 6-7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
De-glaze the pan with whiskey and cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
Fold in Red Gold Ketchup and simmer over medium heat for an additional 10 minutes before serving.