Ketchup Bacon Jam
- 2 ¼ Lbs. (1020g) Applewood Smoked Bacon, Diced
- 4 ½ Cups (537g) Yellow Onion, Small Diced
- ¾ Cups (84g) Whiskey, Jack Daniels
- 3 Cups (780g) Red Gold Ketchup
- 1 ½ tsp (3g) Coriander, Crushed
- 1 ½ tsp (2.5g) Fennel, Crushed
- Add diced applewood smoked bacon to a large sauté’ pan set to medium heat.
- Cook the bacon while stirring periodically for 15-20 minutes or until rendered. Drain off all fat. Reserve 2 Tbsp and add back to pan along with bacon, coriander and fennel.
- Add the diced yellow onions and cook everything together over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until onion are translucent.
- De-glaze the pan with whiskey and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Fold in Red Gold Ketchup and simmer over medium heat for an additional 3-4 minutes and cook to a soft jam like consistency.
Yield: 1 ½ Quarts (24 servings)
Portion Size: ¼ cup