Ketchup Spiced Cupcakes
Ingredients - Cupcakes
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Red Gold Kechup
- 1 1/2 cups Red Gold Petite Tomatoes, drained (14.5 oz can)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, large
Ingredients - Mocha Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 TBSP milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
Directions - Cupcakes
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, oil and sugar.
- Add in well drained petite diced tomatoes and ketchup.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients-mix well with wooden spoon.
- Fill cupcake liners in cupcake tin 3/4 full with batter using scoop.
- Preheat oven to350°F. Bake for 23-25 minutes until done.
- Remove cupcakes from baking tin onto wire rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting. (yields 12 cupcakes)
Directions - Mocha Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- In mixer, beat butter until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and milk. Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and espresso powder. Spread frosting over cupcakes