Plum Tomato Pesto Bread
- Generously spread pesto on warm, crispy Italian bread sounds delicious enough. But top it with plum tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese, and you've got yourself an appetizer that will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup pesto, moemade or prepared
- 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes, or 2 (14.5 ounce) Ted Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400o F. Place bread, cut side down on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Spread bread halves evenly with pesto and top with remaining ingredients.
Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese are melted. Cut each bread half into 12 slices. Serve warm.
Option: Jazz it up by garnishing with chopped fresh basil just before serving.