Shrimp Pad Thai
- 3 pounds Blanched Shrimp, peeled, de-veined, 31/35 count
- 2 quarts Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Sliced Garlic
- 1 pound Bean Sprouts
- 4 pounds Pad Thai Rice Noodles, cooked
- Kosher Salt, as needed
- Ground Black Pepper, as needed
- Sesame Oil, as needed for sautéing
Ingredients - Peanut Sauce
- 4 cups Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 quarts Red Gold Ketchup
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Fish Sauce
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lime Juice
Ingredients - Garnish
- 1/3 cup Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Green Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Toasted White Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, rough chop
- 3 cups Roasted Peanuts, crumbled
Place Pad Thai noodles in a large mixing bowl, and cover with cold water. Allow the noodles to hydrate for 30 minutes and reserve.
In medium sauce pan set to medium heat, combine all ingredients for the peanut sauce and bring to a boil while stirring periodically. Once at a boil, remove from the heat and whisk in the lime juice; reserve.
In a large sauté pan set to medium high heat, add sesame oil, sliced garlic and yellow onion. Sauté for 6-7 minutes or until onions are translucent; Season with salt and pepper.
Fold in the peanut sauce, bean sprouts, blanched shrimp, and half of the red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a light simmer.
Toss the Pad Thai noodles with the shrimp, peanut sauce and half the green onion.